Hello Blogger! Here is the glory today In this article I will tell you how to start a blog in 2021.
If you want to start a blog,
Do you want to make a career as a blogger? Yes! It is possible to do both at the same time!
Do you believe in making money online, are you planning to create your own blog website for blogging?
If so, you have reached the right place. Here I will not only teach you to be self-dependent but also teach you what I have experienced in managing my own blogs for over 1 years of my blogging journey. Before creating a blog, you should know about Top Indian Blogger and their Earning For Motivation Purpose Only.
What Is Blogging?
A blog is a part of a website or site that contains regularly updated content about one or more topics. The term is short for “web log”, which means logging information on a website.
Content on a blog usually comes in the form of articles on separate web pages called blog posts. The article you are reading is one such example.
On the blog’s homepage, you can submit a collection of these posts in reverse chronological order – from latest to oldest. The Hostinger Tutorials page is a good example of this.
What is the purpose of a blog?
There are many reasons to start a blog for personal use and only a few strong reasons for business blogging. Blogging for businesses, projects, or anything else that can bring money to you has a very straightforward objective – to rank your website higher in the Google SERPs, that is, to increase your visibility.
As a business, you rely on consumers to buy your products and services. As a new business, you rely on blogging to help reach potential consumers and attract their attention. Without blogging, your website will remain invisible, while running a blog makes you discoverable and competitive.
So, the main purpose of the blog is to connect you with the concerned audience. Another is to boost your traffic and send quality leads to your website.
The more often and better your blog posts, the more likely your website is to be discovered and viewed by your target audience. This means that a blog is an effective lead generation tool. Add a good call to action (CTA) to your content, and it will turn your website traffic into high-quality leads. A blog also allows you to showcase your niche right and build a brand.
When you use your specific knowledge to create informative and engaging posts, it builds trust with your audience. Great blogging makes your business more reliable, which is especially important if your brand is still young and fairly unknown. This ensures the presence of online and niche authority at the same time.
Why you Should Start a Blog In 2021
Well, I’m going to outline why you start a blog and join the blogging community, let’s dive into my thoughts.
Blogging is a trending way to share your knowledge or reviews with your blog.
It is a good way to express yourself and a great way to share your thoughts with others.
- Blogging helps make a good person and a good writer.
- The best thing is that you can earn a lot of money through your blog.
- I have assured you that after reading this article you are able to start a blog and earn money online.
- Sharing new learning
- Documenting your ideas
- Passive income and earning money
- So, what is your plan, if you want to start a blog, then read this article completely.
Do you want to make online income on autopilot mode through blogging, which helps you to be your own boss? So setting up a blog is the first curious step that leads you to success.
Do you want to start a WordPress blog correctly? We all know that starting a blog is often a terrible idea, especially when you are not geeky, newbies or beginner.
Think what – You are not alone. We have decided to create the most important comprehensive guide to how to start a blog in 2021 with very little technical knowledge.
What are the basic requirements to start a WordPress blog? Basically, to create a WordPress blog you will need three basic things:
- Domain name – a domain name of your blog is basically the extension name of your blog ie Vaibhavdevkule.com)
- Web hosting – Web hosting is nothing but the storage of your files or database, where your website is being stored on the Internet.
- You note – we are going to start a WordPress blog in the next 30 minutes. So, make a determination for this article.
How to Start a Blog in 2021 [ 7 Easy Steps]
Yes, you read it right. You will start a blog from the beginning in half an hour, and we will walk you through the entire process with step-by-step guidance. How to start a blog in 2021
In this tutorial, we will cover the following:
- Choose a Profitable Niche For Your Blog
- Pick a domain name & hosting for your blog
- Install WordPress on the blog
- Install the best WordPress plugins
- Write and Publish Your First Blog Post
- Best Way To Earn Money from Your Blog
- Drive traffic and gain more exposure
Step 1: Choose a Profitable Niche For Your Blog
If you really want to start a profitable niche blog and expand your reach, let’s get started.
What is a blog niche and why do you need it?
A blog niche is a title or topic you are writing about on your blog. More simply, it answers the question, “What is your blog about?”
Deciding on your niche is an important step when creating a blog, as it is an important factor in determining the success (or failure) of your blog.
If you are interested in monetizing your blog and making money online, then choosing the right blog niche is also important.
Most professional bloggers will ask you to start with something you are passionate about because it helps you “maintain a consistent writing program and move through failure to succeed”.
They will also ask you to choose a place at the crossroads of passion, skill and experience:
To start a blog and make it as a blogger, you have to choose the right place for your blog.
Second, you need to make sure that the audience has enough interest in a niche — the topics people are looking for.
This way you will follow your passion, find your readers and enjoy your blogging journey.
Once you choose a place, I suggest you validate it. Below is a 3-step formula to confirm your niche for success.
Blog Success Verification Process:
- Check Niche Size.
- Explore the contestants.
- Analyze monetization potential.
This process will help you get a clear idea of the size, competition and monetization potential of your proposed location. If you are not sure how to select and validate a blog niche, read our detailed guide.
Step 2: Pick a domain name & hosting for your blog
Pick a domain name
Finding the perfect new domain name for your website or blog can be a difficult task. But I promise that it will only work for a few seconds after reading this article.
It is important to have a domain name that closely matches your blog name, or your readers will have a hard time finding it, especially when it is just starting out and does not have much presence in search engines. You need a domain name that is available and relevant to blogs or businesses.
“Choosing a domain name is a simple taste of choosing the right brand name and the right domain extension, where your domain name shows about the brand and the domain extension shows your purpose and brand type” Before finding a new domain name we have to consider a few things that will help us in the long run or to create a domain for a large and attractive brand that represents the whole company in one word.
So let’s start with some important points…
- Must be attractive and memorable – Millions of domain names are registered, so having a domain that is attractive and memorable. Once you come up with a name, share it with your close friends to make sure it looks attractive and makes sense to others.
- Keep it short – Short names are always attractive and look good and attractive for brands like Oyo, Apple, mi and many more. If your domain name is long and complex, there is a risk of being misspelled by your customers. Short and easy way to go.
- Easy to type – Finding a domain name that is easy to type is key to online success, your domain should be simple and easy to type which helps you generate direct traffic from search engines and brand building
- Use keywords – Use keywords that describe your business and the services you provide. You should try to adjust your keywords with a catchy name that is easily noticeable by visitors. Such as Booking.com, oyorooms.com, namecheap.com. Here, only one domain name describes their business and serves the offer.
- Avoid using numbers and hyphens – Numbers and hyphens are often misinterpreted – People who hear the address of your website do not know whether you are using a digit (7) or by typing (seven) Are or have forgotten the hyphen. If you absolutely need the numbers and hyphens in your domain, you can use the various changes in your domain and register them to make sure.
Hosting for your blog
After finalizing your domain name, the next step is to choose a good web host.
We highly recommend you to go to Bluehost. It is not only an affordable web host but it is an official recommended web host from WordPress. It is also used by more than 2 million websites worldwide.
Here’s how you can start a blog with Bluehost and get a free domain name.
1. Start Your WordPress Blog With Bluehost
2. Select The Hosting Plan Of Your Interest
Choose the hosting plan from Basic, Plus, Choice Plus and Pro based on your requirement as shown below:
3. Enter your picked domain name (you will get one free domain for one year with Bluehost)
Try to pick a domain name that is easy to read, type and remember.
4. Enter Your Account Information
Simply provide your basic details such as name, address, and contact details.
Choose an account plan. Bluehost discounted pricing details are given here
- 36 months: $ 2.95 / month
- 24 months: $ 3.95 / month
- 12 months: $ 4.95 / month
Enter payment details, and click on the submit button.
Once you successfully sign up with the Bluehost plan, you will see a confirmation message like this.
5. Create A Secured Password And Login
The next step is to create an account on Bluehost which will give you access to the Bluehost Control Panel (cPanel).
Click on the Create Account button above to create your Bluehost account.
Enter your domain name and choose a strong and secure password that includes letters, numbers, and symbols to make your password not easily guessed.
Once you successfully set your password, login to your Bluehost account to install WordPress.
Click here to log into cPanel
Enter your domain name or email address and the password you just created above and log in. As soon as you login you will see Bluehost cPanel which looks like this;
Your domain and hosting are now connected. Now all you have to do is just install WordPress to start your WordPress blog. Let’s learn how to set up and set up a WordPress blog.
To install WordPress on your website, you need to follow these few simple steps-
- Navigate to your Cpanel.
- Go to “Softaculous Apps Installer” through your Cpanel.
- Now choose WordPress.
- Provide some basic details such as username, password, blog name and site title.
- Now hit the install button. The installation process in the backend will be completed soon.
In the highlighted box, you will see a temporary address of your site which will automatically change to your domain address after some time.
Click the WordPress button to install WordPress. Once the WordPress installation is done, you can access your WordPress blog dashboard by going directly to domainname.com/wp-admin.
See how convenient the WordPress site dashboard is.
Now customize your blog the way you want and start blogging.
Step 4: Install the best Theme And WordPress plugins
Blog design is one of the primary attention-grabbing parts of your blog, if the design of your blog is not good, you can lose traffic and audience attention. Great design can help build a trust factor for your loyal reader. So you can find the list of Best WordPress Themes here.
So which theme is best for your blog?
I personally use the generated press theme and I also recommend you to use this theme as it loads very fast and is the lightest theme ever. I like the design of this theme very much and many other bloggers and marketers use this theme because of its simple and minimal design.
This theme is available both free and paid, I suggest you choose the paid version, in the paid version of this theme you get a lot of functionality and features like font color change etc.
Some of my favorite themes
My blog is powered by a custom designed theme that can cost you anywhere from $ 1000 or more. But, you do not need to spend that much money. To start a new blog, you need a simple yet professional subject. You should go for an elegant theme that costs $ 80 for 87 uniquely designed themes.
This is one of the most downloaded themes on WordPress inventory. These templates are offered on all types of blogs, making it easy to adapt. It is an ideal companion for new WordPress bloggers.
This is one of the most popular WordPress themes all over the world. This theme makes websites faster, more efficient, and offers a variety of templates such as freelance agency, portfolio, and more.
This theme is one of my personal favorites due to its simple design and ease of use. It is a multi-purpose theme that you can use on your personal blog, portfolio, eCommerce website and is also suitable for corporate websites. The support service for this topic is amazing, you always get feedback from them on time. You can read the generated press reviews to know more about this topic.
Congratulation!!!! Now you have successfully installed and implemented a new theme on your website. Let’s move on to our next step.
Important Plugins to Your WordPress Blog
WordPress plugins are tools that add additional features to your WordPress blog without writing any code. So, you can find a list of the best WordPress plugins here
Here are some of the very important plugins that you must use in your blog
Rank Math .
SEO is a very important factor to rank your posts and drive a lot of traffic. Rank Math is one of the free SEO tools that helps your blog to rank higher in search results. It also takes care of the length of your blog post, URL length, meta description length. It examines content readability, title readability, density keywords, basic SEO with advanced features. It suggests focus keywords that are recommended by Google. Many bloggers suggest you to go with the Yoast SEO plugin but my recommendation is rank math SEO plugins as many features are free instead of Yoest SEO plugin. See RankMath Review
Element Pro is a WordPress landing page builder, and is the tool I used to create my home page and pages. They have a free version of Elementor, but the Pro version takes it to the next level with better templates.
Optimol takes every graphic you upload to WordPress and optimizes it so that it takes up less space. In addition, it uses cloud-based systems to speed up your site. Optimol automatically detects the size of the screen, and resizes images to provide a faster loading, reactive experience to your users.
Contact Form 7.
It is used to add a contact form page on your WordPress blog.
WP Rocket is a powerful caching plugin that helps you speed up your loading time. It does this by creating cached copies of every dynamically generated page on your site, so your server has less work to do.
WP Rocket does even better – in our caching plugin tests, it reduced page load time by 63%. It may not be free, but the results are more than worth it, especially if there are conversions on the line.
Congratulations, you have just learned to customize your blog and make design changes!
The next step is to learn how to write content for your blog.
Step 5: Write and Publish Your First Blog Post
First of all, I want to congratulate that you have successfully set up your first blog. The next step in writing a blog post to engage your visitors.
There is no point in having a WordPress blog without a blog post. To create a meaningful WordPress blog, you need to add posts to your website. Come learn how to add and write your first blog post
- Access your > WordPress admin panel.
- Navigate to the post > Add new posts from the side menu of the admin dashboard.
- Title your blog post. This is just going to be the name of your blog post.
- Write a description of your blog post.
- Choose a category for your post. If there is no category available, you can simply add a new category to your blog post.
- Set the featured image for your blog post. This will be the thumbnail of your post.
- To publish your first blog post, tap the Publish button.
Additional tips to improve your writing.
- Your blog post should always provide value to your readers. Write with a clear beginning, middle and end outline structure. Even the most mundane subjects can be made interesting if you understand the story’s arc and the hero’s journey.
- Present the content of your blog in an attractive manner and make it easily accessible to your readers. Ensure that both the text and visual content in the blog are of high quality.
- Format your titles correctly with H2 and H3 tags, and use bulleted lists and images to break up long lines of text. No paragraph should be longer than 3-4 sentences.
- Make your first blog post conversational to build a relationship with your audience.
- Use readable fonts and use white space to keep your blog posts easy on the eyes.
- Add bullet points to help readers bring down the blog without losing anything important.
- Double check for typos and grammatical errors.
- Bold some text to make it stand out.
- Remember, a blog is a living thing that can be updated over time. So don’t try to make your content perfect – just publish it without any fear and update it later.
Step 6: Best Way To Earn Money from Your Blog
Now you have successfully created your WordPress blog. Your next step is definitely to earn some money from your blog. Let us know how you can earn a very good amount from your WordPress blog.
There are lots of ways to make money from your blog. But here we will talk about the four most popular ways to earn money online from your WordPress blog.
- Google AdSense – Google AdSense is the first choice of most bloggers to earn some money. Through Google AdSense, you can monetize your blog posts with ads from Google. Google will show ads on your content and if someone generates a click or impression then you will be paid for it.
- Affiliate Marketing – Affiliate Marketing is growing with such a big growth nowadays. You can do affiliate marketing through your blog to generate passive income from your website.
- Sales course or product – Creating your own course or product to make money is more profitable so you can create your own way of selling to your audience but before that, you have to believe about your audience.
These are different ways to monetize your blog and earn money through autopilot mode, but always remember that if you want to earn passive money from a blog, then you make sure to be patient, be consistent and keep a link on the blog. Work hard So you will see tremendous growth of your blog.
Step 7: Drive traffic and gain more exposure
At this point, you should have the basics very well. You have rejected the technical details and started creating content.
Once you start putting that content there, you are probably about to move on to the next stage of blogging where you start thinking:
To promote your new blog, the best strategy is to do whatever it takes to create links to your blog.
Links are like the currency of the Internet.
The more you have, the more seriously Google will take you and rank all your new blog posts.
Here are the top strategies to promote your blog:
- Learn the basics of SEO and implement them on your site. While you do not need to become an expert, knowing these basics will make it very easy to find your site in search engines like Google.
- Register a social media account and start promoting your blog on social media. Some social networks, such as Pinterest, may be particularly valuable for blogs.
Guest blogging is one of the best ways to promote your blog.
This is a great way to build authority in your niche, meet other bloggers and get backlinks.
It is a hustle that includes cold email outreach and relationship building.
First of all, don’t think about the benefits you get from backlinks. You must provide value to others.
It is repeating:
In the world of internet marketing, you need to provide value.
Although guest posting is a strategy to get links to your blog, there are many others.
First of all, the best form of link building is to get links passively without any involvement or outreach.
Sounds like a dream, doesn’t it?
People naturally connect with the best content they can find. So how do you ensure that your blog posts are “linkable”?
When you are starting a blog, your content should be unique and high quality. This is the basic entry fee for getting into the game.
To take it to the next level, add visual elements to your blog post. These may be infographics, videos, case studies, figures and any other unique material that does not exist elsewhere.
Here are some other link building strategies to try after setting up a blog:
- Broken link building: Use tools like Ahrefs to find blogs in your niche with broken external links. Send them an email that their link is broken and your resource is a better option. This strategy is great because you are helping the blog fix their 404 error and (hopefully) getting a link at the same time.
- Link Correction: Input the URL of your blog into the Ahrefs Content Explorer tool to find instances where your brand is mentioned but not linked. Here, you can reach the author of the post, thank them for the mention, and ask if they can add the link.
- Link Partnership: Build relationships with other bloggers in your niche to get links in their guest posts and vice versa.
- Competitive research: See which websites are engaging with competitors to reach new sites.
Congratulations!!! In 2021 you successfully created the first blog
But what next?
This is not an end, the real journey of blogging must begin now, and you will have to learn SEO, on-page, off-page, affiliate marketing, content marketing, and more.
If you want to become a successful blogger then you should regularly try to learn new content through a blog or video content such as YouTube and podcasts. I have advised you that learning is good but without implementation, you cannot see results.
The right knowledge or implementation is the key to becoming a successful blogger in blogging.
I hope this article is very useful even for novice and beginner blogger. It helps to start a blog and make a presence on the online journey.
As you advance in your blogging career, you will start using more advanced tactics to promote and monetize your blog.
But for now, congratulate yourself for the work done well because you had a passion for doing something great – start a blog!